Big Fun Run for MS Society

Hi all,
It's been a busy few weeks (I seem to be starting off all my posts like that!), I have not actually had time to make a lot of stuff but the things I did make I haven't yet photographed. Yes I really should start doing that ;) There is a reason for all this though. After years and years of being a couch potato, I have started running and doing yoga. The running you may have known about but the yoga thing is new. It's a lot more work that I thought it would be but I'm sticking to it.

A couple of weekends ago I signed up for the Big Fun Run. It's a run of 5K for any charity you want to run for. In my case, I chose the MS Society for the obvious that I actually have MS. I got my tshirt, was fitter than I was for the Race for Life, and I was ready to go. Then, on the day itself (a Sunday morning no less), it was pouring down. I mean really really pouring! The Race for Life saw me running at 30C, and now I get torrential rain? Maybe next time it will be nice weather. In the end I ran the 5K in 37 mins which is a personal best for me so I'm very pleased. My Justgiving page has raised GBP 358 so far which is also very good :) 

I really wanted to share some pics with you from the run so here we go:

Told ya it was raining! That's me in the middle in the orange shirt and the red leg warmers

The bf was there for moral support even though I had told him he could stay home where it was dry. But it was great he came so he could take some piccies!

I like to think that I was going so fast the pic is blurry hihi

Reaching the finish line!

Completely drenched but very proud, I did it!

My Justgiving page is still open so if you do want to donate to this good cause, please feel free to do so. Of course you don't have to, I'm very pleased with the results so far already :)

Up to the next run, let's beat those 37 mins! Once I'm below 30mins, I might try for a longer distance who knows!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus