Recipe - Healthy Banana Cookies

Hi again everyone!
I am so busy at the moment and it is feeling great :) Lots of projects are not yet done or done but not yet uploaded here, but I really wanted to do some baking this week and as we had lots of bananas left I really needed to use them. Enter the recipe for healthy banana cookies. These are amazing! Just to clarify, it's not my recipe, I found them on Allrecipes here a long time ago and they are just so good that I just had to share these with you. They contain only bananas, oats, raisins, and vanilla. I added some nuts as well but you can easily make these without those. Ready? Here we go:

You need:
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 cups of rolled oats
  • 1 cup of raisins (the recipe called for dates but I didn't have any)
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • handful of nuts (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, dates, oil, and vanilla. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.
Your finished cookies should look something like this.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. And they turn out wonderfully, slight crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy in the centre. I kept them in a cookie tin today which made them go not-crunchy-anymore but they're still delish. My advice: eat them all, muahahaha! But seriously, these are great if you actually want to have a cookie without lots of sugar, and butter and the likes. And for the calorie counters among us: they're only 56 calories per cookie. Or so it says on the website... Have fun making these and let me know if you like them too!

Comments

  1. YUM! These sound good and would be great for lunchboxes - I'm pinning to try later!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus