New Craft - All Done!

Hi all!
I've been so busy making stuff that I actually ran out of time to blog about it too... Lots of stuff to share for next month's project, but first I need to share that I have finished my new craft for the year! I actually finished it last week, but taking a decent picture of myself all wrapped up and comfy turned out to be quite difficult. So I had to wait for someone else to be around outside of work to take pics. 

This is it! Doesn't it look comfy? I am so in love with this, it's my first ever knitted creation (other than a badge I made a few years back). I'm so proud of myself about this :)

Remember how it got started? With this lovely ball of pompom yarn I bought for a fiver at the Olympia Stitch & Craft Show, and FINALLY started this year as my new craft for the year. 

A few days later I was here. It was getting there :) I then started knitting like mad, I had to have it done by that Saturday, and as it turned out casting off was a LOT more tricky than I'd anticipated so after several hours and with the help of various Youtube videos, I managed to finish the casting off late that Saturday evening. More than a week ago now actually...

And this is it! Taadaa!! It's all finished, and got lots of compliments at my outing last weekend. 

It's so comfy! One ball of yarn (200gr) was perfect for one scarf. 

Plus it REALLY matches my coat :) Which was kind of the point really hihi...

One last picture of the full scarf. I took this after I had just finished it, still so proud :) Thinking of buying a few more of these and making scarves for my whole family for Christmas. These are so quick and easy! But I'm keeping this one, the colour is just too fabulous :)

So far this year is going well, lots of crafting being done, whoohoo! Maybe a sweater next? I have the wool already (it's acrylic but who cares for a first sweater, right?) so maybe soon I will give it a try. Until then some more quick things to make so keep checking this blog, I'm on a roll!

Comments

  1. Great work on the scarf MJ! Looks cosy and warm!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scarf!!! Love it!Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous day!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Love Love Love the scarf! You are so multi-talented!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus