Christmassing - Harrods Christmas Display 2012

Good morning everyone!
I told you I would send some updates :) A friend of mine visited from Dublin the other day and when I wanted to show him Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, it was so full that we had to wait for 20 mins and still didnt get in! Just look at this crowd, the tiny blue sign with the light is the entrance, that was miles away! Well, figuratively speaking of course...

So we gave up and I showed him the Harrods Christmas display instead. It was gorgeous as always!


Harrods' display was Disney Magic or something this year, and they had all the princesses shown in their finery... Here is Snow White...

They even had this Magic Mirror which was amazing.. kind of a hologram thingy?

This was Tiana from the Princess and the Frog. The frog was in another window and I did have a picture but it's not great... this dress is lovely though :)

Cinderella's shoe was also shown, this is one of my favourite displays :) A Cinderella dress was nearby but the window was blocked by anti-fur protesters so I couldn't get to it.

Mulan...

Pocahontas...

The Little Mermaid...

Aladdin... This display was huge and crossed two windows. As it was dark already this was the best I could do with all the reflections going on...

This was just one of the smaller windows but I found it fascinating....

The rose from Beauty and the Beast... Love this!

Belle was shown as well :)

Rapunzel, her hair went all through the display window, it was great!

My absolute favourite display: Sleeping Beauty. Her dress was huge but I just love this picture so I had to share this. You can see the start of the dress here, I'm sure you can imagine the rest ;)

As the Disney display ended, another set of windows showed handbags with balloons. I thought it was very Mary Poppins :)

I loved this year's display :) If you want to see more of it, just click here for a link with more (and probably better) pictures. The article also shows the designs and inspirations and is very interesting. I hope you liked this display as much as I did!! Big hugz from London!

Comments

  1. Beautiful windows! We don't have any like this up in Cairns - and I do miss seeing Christmas shop windows - so thanks for sharing! :)

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus