Recipe - Vanilla Rum Chocolate Marble Gugelhupf

Time for another recipe! Ok so the dress I have to finish by Friday is not even started yet and the fabric is still lying folded and uncut on my floor. I have finished two more projects but I dont have pics yet so that will have to wait too. What I DO have though, is a recipe for this fantastic bundt cake :) I found the recipe here on my favourite German website where I seem to get all the bundt cake recipes LOL. They're just the best!

You will need:
  • 5 eggs, seperated
  • 250gr icing sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 125ml vegetable oil
  • 125ml water
  • 250gr flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 shot of rum
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder (not instant)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 190C and grease your oven tin.
  2. Combine egg yolks, icing sugar, vanilla essence, and salt and mix until creamy.
  3. Slowly add oil and water and keep mixing.
  4. In a seperate bowl, mix flour with baking powder.
  5. Whisk egg whites until they're stiff.
  6. Mix both flour and eggwhites with the egg yolk mixture bit by bit.
  7. Divide mixture over two bowls.
  8. Add the cocoa powder and the rum to one bowl and mix well.
  9. Pour the mixtures into the tin, making layers of the different colours.
  10. With a fork or a spoon, make swirling motions through the dough creating a marble effect.
  11. Bake cake for 50-60 mins at 190C.
  12. Let the cake cool for about 10 mins, then remove from tin.
  13. Decorate as required.
I didnt think of taking a pic of this until the cake was all cut up and ready to be taken to work, but this is what mine looked like (ignore the really bad cutting of the cake):

It was a very gentle cake and the rum is barely noticeable but just gives it this extra oomph. Very good and highly recommended; the people at work surely loved it, it was gone in no time!

Comments

  1. Yum! I don't even like to read recipes and especially see the photos of the finished product. My hubby does the cooking and he never ventures out to goodies ... only mundane easy and quick meals. I can't complain or he may stop cooking! Certainly don't want that to happen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus