Navy/White Flower Hairclips

Today is the birthday of one of the girls at work and I had promised to make her some hairclips in navy and white fabrics (she loves navy and white stripes), so I decided to give these to her for her birthday:

I made a yoyo hairclip with navy/white striped cotton and some navy organza topped with a striped button. Very sailor :) I know she will love this as she has matching shoes! I love these anyway so maybe I'm a bit biased...

When I use these crocodile clips so me I usually dont bother covering them but I wanted these to look really nice so I really made the effort to cover these in matching ribbon.

I also made this navy organza flower for the more elegant occasions and sewed a large pearl in the centre. I then glued some smaller pearls around the edges (I dont have a needle small enough right now to sew these on). I think it looks quite charming :)

I covered the clip with a wide navy satin ribbon.

Off to work now, I really hope she'll like them! And on a personal note, I can definitely say that after a post a day for an entire week 'my busy craft life' is very busy and crafty again indeed :)

Comments

  1. The hair clips are great, I'm sure your friend will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty hairclips!!

    Hi there
    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your yo-yo clown on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 58
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dressed up look of these come over aand visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh pretty! I hope you will link up to the Tuesday Confessional link party going on now. I'm co-hosting with A Reason to Skip the Housework, so your post will be seen on BOTH blogs!
    http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-and-tuesday-time.html
    I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layered yo yo hair clips! The button is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus