Done at Last - The Cupcake Bathrobe!

After all that shipping hassle (for lack of a better word) and having only cut the fabric last weekend, I finally finished the Cupcake Bathrobe! You know when it's weekend and on Friday night you go to bed thinking to yourself 'I dont have to get up at (insert usually horribly early alarm time here) tomorrow morning'? Well, I did just that and guess when I woke up on Saturday morning? You guessed it... the horribly early alarm time. Without even having the alarm on! But I thought I would make myself useful and after trying to go back to sleep for about an hour I called it a day and got up. The bf was still sound asleep, giving me lots of time to do some sewing :) Since all the fabric was cut already and the bias tape had been pinned on Friday evening, I was all ready to go.

I was actually supposed to meet Lauren again for cupcakes that day and I was rushing to get the bathrobe done when at 11.40am I really had to get ready, but then Lauren unexpectedly postponed which was a blessing in disguise as I needed just that extra half hour to finish the robe.

So, curious yet? Well, let me start off by showing you my old bathrobe. I wanted to copy this exactly since I really like it but the print is starting to really bug me. Hence the new one. Now this was just a simple Primark bathrobe so nothing special but it did last me for 10 years so all in all not too bad:

The front. You see how this print can drive someone insane after 10 years??

The back. Somehow the original looks a lot shorter in the photos then the new one. LOL. Anyway, these will be the last photos EVER of this bathrobe, since I took it apart and made the new bathrobe from this pattern :)

Just to refresh your memory, do you remember this fabric that Sunny sent me?

Isnt it cute???


Yes, this is the one I was drooling over just last week... (incidentally while wearing me old bathrobe LOL)

So are you ready for the results?? Here they come! All pics made by the ever-so-patient bf :)

The front. See, it looks a lot longer but the pattern is the same. Maybe I've just put the belt loops a bit higher, I dont know...

The back, I even managed to make the hood! (and check out the cupcake socks I'm wearing, plus I am currently drinking out of my cupcake mug).

One of the two pockets I made. This one had a full cupcake on it while the other was just a random bit of the fabric so with multiple cupcakes. That tiny little corner peeking out is really only obvious in the picture...

And I also recreated the 'rolled sleeve' effect from the original robe. I love bias tape, I didnt hem anything here!! Oh yes, I dont have a pic of it, but I even made a loopy thing to hang it up!

The whole thing took me about 4 hours to sew together :) Yes, I might not be the quickest seamstress but it's weekend so who cares? ;)

Taadaa, one last quick pic of me looking completely stupid as a cupcake Jedi before uncupcaking myself and actually doing something usually on this fine Sunday afternoon.

What do you think? Are you liking this as much as I do? Because I surely love it :) Thanx again Sunny for all your help! By the way, I still have more than a yard remaining, hihi... am foreseeing more cupcake projects ;)

UPDATE: I have been selected for Best of March at Saturday Mornings! Click the link below to vote for me if you love my robe as much as I do :)




Visit thecsiproject.com

Comments

  1. wawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wel done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ik vind de eerste stof eigenlijk mooier, maar ik vind het ongelooflijk dat jij hem kon namaken !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous bathrobe!! GREAT fabric and perfect to wear on a lazy weekend day with a cup of tea and a....cupcake??



    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bathrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I want one!!!! This is so so so adorable! I love the cupcake pattern on the terry! great work!! Thank you for linking up tp the handmade hog! I hope you will join me next week too.

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say this was well worth the effort on both of our parts! It came out very cute and snuggly. So whatcha gonna do with the leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on a cupcake kick lately! Anything cupcake I get on the spot! I certainly may have a cupcake robe coming in the future now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus