Quick Plum Tart

Wow, my 100th post!!! I was actually going to write something spectacular, but it's really early and I have to get ready for work soon. However, I wanted to share with you this super quick recipe for plum tart. I actually dont really like plums but for some reason I end up buying them. They then sit around until I remember I have them and the only choice I have is to make plum tart *naughty grin*

What you need:
1 sheet of puff pastry
1 punnet of plums
some butter
sugar
cinnamon
lemon juice (optional)

  1. Defrost the puff pastry (as mine is shop-bought, really need to make this from scratch once)
  2. Put the pastry in a large oven dish. Whatever size you have, I use a round quiche-form where the bottom comes out but you can also just use a flat one.
  3. Slice the plums into 6 parts. Dont make the slices too large or if will be really messy in the end.
  4. Prick a few holes in the pastry with a fork to ensure airing and puffing
  5. Place the plum slices neatly on top of the pastry. Dont overlap too much, it still needs to have a little bit of space between them.
  6. Add a few tiny pieces of butter here and there.
  7. Add a little lemon juice.
  8. Sprinkel with cinnamon and sugar.
  9. Place in the oven until golden brown and puffy at the edges. (My oven has only temperature only so I cant say what you should use really).
Once it's done, it should look something like this:


I made this one evening and didnt think about taking step by step pictures but I hope I explained it ok anyway!

Right, must get ready for work now... let me know what you think of this plum tart if you make it!
And also, a big thank you to my 43 followers for keeping up with this blog! I love it that there are so many of you :)

Comments

  1. I'm going to send this recipe to my parents..they have a huge plum tree in their backyard and they can't eat them fast enough! Found your blog on New Friend Friday! Come check me out....
    Meg @ mbellishedyou
    BTW....I LOVE Gilmore Girls!!! I just got done watching season 7 and am tempted to start over again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus